Thursday, October 16, 2008

"I would rather "STAND FOR SOMETHING" than water down my values and beliefs in the face of adversity."--Gordon H.

Hmmmmmmm, why is MY freedom of speech taken away because I am not a liberal?
Why do you take the signs off MY yard because you don't believe what I believe? I don't take your signs or BASH you and your beliefs.... yet............ YOU want to muzzle MY voice?! and YOU say you fight for EQUALITY and freedom of speech!! HUMPH!!
OK, so I AM a little upset...... I am tired of people 'bashing' and mocking others only because 'others' don't agree with what they THINK is RIGHT (their way or the highway)......
it is NOT OK to mock or put down or humiliate others only because you do not agree with their beliefs..... it just is NOT!!!
I am tired of keeping my mouth shut because I may not be POLITICALLY CORRECT and I MAY just offend somebody out there..... these 'ppl' don't seem to care if they offend ME in any way when they BASH my religious beliefs or they mock me because they think I am an idiot for voting republican..............................(umm I do live in California ...totally DEMOCRATIC-LOL)
I pray that whoever wins this election is able to make this place a better place for us... and whether or not MCCAIN wins, I AM going to support the President of this Nation.. I will NOT bash him or mock him OR my democratic friends...I will stand by him and I will pray that God helps guide him for the next four years .... after all, isn't THAT what being an American is all about?! supporting OUR President?!!!
As for Prop 8 and California, I strongly believe that marriage was created by God! It is something SACRED and it has consequences and blessings that we receive even after this life.
Prop 8 is not an equality issue.... this is not a gay/straight issue like the 'no on prop 8' commercials are making it sound.. and don't get me wrong, I am NOT anti-gay! Ihave friends who are gay & are wonderful ppl- and I am all for them having RIGHTS! which BTW, they do.. this will NOT take away the rights they already have!.. this is about TRADITIONAL marriage and changing the definition of that..THIS will affect MY rights as a Christian and parent! this is about being PRO marriage, PRO freedom of speech, PRO parental rights,PRO religious freedom! I wish ppl would EDUCATE themselves on this issue instead of just listening to what the 'no on 8' commercials are saying.. those are LIES! I don't think people are aware of what WILL happen if this does not pass... what about religious institutions that are getting sued for preaching that homosexuality is a sin?! what about the doctor who refused to perform artificial insemination for a lesbian couple due to his religious beliefs (which he is entitled to under the 1ST AMENDMENT) He was sued by the couple and LOST. Even though he referred them to other doctors who were willing to perform the procedure... How about the Catholic adoption charities in Massachusetts who had to leave because they were FORCED by the state to adopt to gay couples which they wouldn't do because of their religious beliefs. The last time I checked everyone has a freedom to religion! Isn't that what this nation is based on? Maybe we should all read the DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE.... Reference to GOD is made SEVERAL times! How about the public schools teaching our young children about homosexuality? that is MY job and those are MY parental rights that will be taken away ......................................
You cannot give everyone the freedom to do what they want because eventually it will overstep someone else's freedom....
So, for now why not.. Love God, Love your neighbor, Keep the commandments and strive to be Christ-like..... *****steppin' off my soap box now****



God bless!! =)

5 comments:

Karen Brooks said...

***stepping away from G right now***

LOL girl I love you!!! You speak your mind and you speak it well!!! I happen to be one that opens her mouth and gets told that I am going to offend someone!!! To heck with that, if they can say what is on their mind and not worry about my feelings then I am gonna let it fly!! Bring God back into our lives and our schools!!!

Keep on girl, I am right there with you!!!!

The6ofusinca said...

***Stepping on the soapbox as Georgie steps off***

Is this thing on.......

So I think the problem with us believers is that people think we're weak and they can walk all over us, they can take things to the government and have God taken out of everything, and we will let them. I'm tired of us standing by letting people walk all over us-me- my views, I let people go on and on and ON AND OH YEA, OOOON about Obama, and then they have the nerve to throw their hand up in my face and not want to hear my views. As if Obama,themselevs and other demcrats are better then me or my views. I feel sorry for people who ride the Obama hayride, for one, do your one investigation, don't let the media tell you how to decide, research each candidate and find out for yourself their views on abortion, samesex marriages, partial bith abortions, which all seem to be on the back burner as each candidate tries to deal with the ever declining US economy. Don't leave it to some CNN puppet to inlighten you on both parties.
You will be horrified for what Obama stands for, what he has been involved in and yet he will be the one to help us with "change" in four years? PLEASE!
Like I told an internet friend. It all comes down to LOVE. Just because I don't stand for same sex marriages doesnt mean I hate gay people- far from it! Just because I don't believe in partial birth abortions doesnt mean I would turn my back on that woman or treat her like a second class citizen! Because I don't think Obama will EVEN BEGIN to know how to handle other leaders, dictators, and rulers of other countries, I don't speak nasty to people about it, I don't call Obama names, or say that he's lame and blah blah yet, the first things I hear about McCain is that he is old, and Palin, "do we really want a woman president" OMG!!!! If your saying I could chose between an old guy who has a presten track record with a woman vis president ready to kick some washingtong a**, yes, i would take them any day over some young dude, which will not prove that he is a US citizen, that can speak, but has nothing to back it up, flip flops on all major issues and has a vice president that likes Hilary better then Obama!!! ANYDAY!! people want to shut me up. I'm tired of this comment from SFO mayor Gavin Newson, "weather we want the change or not, it's coming" why? why are OTHERS allowed to shuve their f'lippin views down my throat and yet when I start to spit the truth, people find excuse after excuse for why things should be the way THEY WANT THEM to be??
This country is divided, that's why we need God more then ever!
And from a believer to a non believer who try to tell me over and over that my God is not real,that I will live a life serving a false God,... fine, if my God is not real then nothing happens to me, like non believers think, I would be mulch back into the earth... yippee... BUT If their wrong?

....stepping off the soapbox..... (for now)

Speak is sista!

Georgina said...

You GO Jen-Jen!! WOO-HOO!! this is what freedom of speech is all about! say it like it is sistah! u can come and vent on my blog any day! I won't put my hand up to your face and shut you up! LOL

The6ofusinca said...

ha! I went home and thought! WHAT NERVE OF ME!!! TO WRITE A FLIPPEN NOVEL ON GEORGIE'S BLOG!!! CHEEEEZE!!! WHAT A B*TCH! LOL!!!! I was in a mood yesterday, so I apologize for gettin on the soapbox at your place! lol! Feel free to come by my neighborhood blog and waive your freedom of speech flag anytime!!! lol!I'll stand right beside you!
muah!
oh! by thw way- your son looks ginormous on that roof!!! I would have pissed my pants with him up there! lol!! Your such a killer momma!!!
Keep on doing whatcha do!

Unknown said...

You go girl!!